USO Houston Snapshot: USO Houston is proud to operate 4 local centers: Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), Hobby International Airport (HOU), Ellington Field Joint Reserve Base (EFJRB) which is home to all 5 branches of service, and downtown at the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) introducing brand new recruits and their families to the connection the USO provides on the first day they begin their military career. USO Houston is always by their side from the day they are sworn in until they transition into the next chapter of their lives after serving our country.
- 165,000 Service members and military family members were served at our four centers.
- 65,000 troops and their families benefited from programs and events hosted or supported but USO Houston
- 251 USO Volunteers are the heart and soul of USO Houston. They contributed a grand total of 28,000 service hours (an average of 125 hours/volunteer). We have 4 Staff Members.
USO Houston Center Locations:
- IAH – 6am – 9pm Everyday
- HOU – 9am – 9pm Everyday
- EFJRB – Drill Weekends 6am - 5pm ; 11am – 2pm Monday - Friday
- MEPS – 9am – 3pm Monday - Friday
Programs: USO Houston hosts morale boosting and strengthening programs throughout the year. Some of our major programs include: Holidays for Heroes, Beach Bash on Galveston Island, Salute to Service (NFL—Houston Texans), Zoo Lights Military Family Day, Operation Home Team (Houston Astros), Career Fair for Reserve Military, Kids Sports Pro-Camps, Bob Hope Legacy Reading Program (DVD/Book), Families of the Fallen-SOS Partner Programs, Houston Rodeo Armed Forces Appreciation Day, Heroes Baseball (Wounded vs. Active), Tix4Troops (Dynamo/Dash, Theater District, Houston Rockets, Astros, Texans, CBS Radio Concerts)