USO Houston Brief: USO Houston is proud to operate 4 local centers: Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), Hobby International Airport (HOU), Ellington Field Joint Reserve Base (EFJRB) which is home to all 5 branches of service, and downtown at the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) introducing brand new recruits and their families to the connection the USO provides on the first day they begin their military career. USO Houston is always by their side from the day they are sworn in until they transition into the next chapter of their lives after serving our country.
Quick Facts in 2016:
- 100,690 Service members and military family members served at our four centers.
- 60,239 troops and their families benefited from programs and events hosted or supported
- 218 USO Volunteers are the heart and soul of USO Houston. They contributed a grand total of 16,673 service hours (an average of 106 hours/volunteer). We have 3 Staff Members.
USO Houston Center Locations:
- IAH – 6am – 9pm Everyday
- HOU – 9am – 9pm Everyday
- EFJRB – 8am – 12pm Monday - Friday
- MEPS – 9am – 3pm Monday - Friday
Programs: USO Houston hosts morale boosting and strengthening programs throughout the year. Some of our major programs include: Christmas Lunch with Santa, Beach Bash on Galveston Island, Salute to Service (NFL—Houston Texans), Zoo Lights Free Military Day, Operation Home Team (Houston Astros), Career Fair for Reserve Military, Kids Sports Pro-Camps, United Through Reading (DVD/Book), Families of the Fallen-SOS Partner Programs, Houston Rodeo Armed Forces Appreciation Day, Heroes Baseball (Wounded vs. Active), Tix4Troops (Dynamo/Dash, Theater District, Houston Rockets, Astros, Texans, CBS Radio Concerts)