We believe every American military service member deserves to be strengthened by connection during their time in service… and to do that, we need your help!
Monthly and Annual Monetary Donations help us to continue to provide our core amenities including phone calls, internet, snacks & a comfortable oasis for our service members and families as they visit in our centers at all our locations.
Crowdrise individuals can do a donation drive of crowd funding via their social networks by creating their very own page that contributes directly to the programs and locations in Houston. Visit https://www.crowdrise.com/usohouston to set up your page and share today!
Corporate Giving via Sponsorships enable us the USO offer meaningful programs. For an up to date list of Corporate Sponsorships available, including benefits, contact USO Houston Director, Loren Westerfield at Lwesterfield@uso.org or 832-316-5772.
Corporate Engagement can also mean hosting a workplace fundraiser or awareness campaign for the USO. Help your employees give back to those who have given so much to our country! Need ideas?
- Hosting a 5k race (run/walk) at your facility in Houston with donations to USO from runners and those they get to contribute. Could do a Virtual Racer for other locations.
- Healthy Snack drive for USO Houston centers
- BBQ for the Troops – Host a BBQ at your locations and donations could be contributed to the local USOs (see what Chicago Auto dealers do every year - http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/tinley-park/community/chi-ugc-article-chicagoland-dealerships-are-barbecuing-for-ou-2016-07-18-story.html)
- Host a Push up Challenge honoring our military and post via social media or sign a banner in the office.
Schools and Educators can get involved by educating your youth about the USO and the uniquely American tradition of celebrating and honoring our military by standing behind them and the Force behind the Forces. Most young Americans (under 30) who have not served do not even recognize the USO logo or know what the USO has done since WWII. You can change that! Ideas:
- Healthy Snack Drive for our USO centers
- Change for Troops - have a change jar for students to learn about the spirit of philanthropy.
- Host a “PT” Military Physical Training challenge with Push-Ups, Sit-Ups & a Run. Parents & family could pledge to donate based on their “score”.
- Invite a USO Speaker to come to your school
A Lasting Tribute Leadership Council giving is a multiyear approach to planned giving to the USO via pledge in amounts of $10,000 and above that allow the USO to plan for expansion into far reaching areas of the world where our troops are headed each year.
Estate Planning - 1941 Legacy Society By including the USO in your estate planning and bequest the USO will be ready and able to be Always by Their Side into the future. This Legacy will be a gift unto the sons and daughters of America who answer the call to lead our nation at the helm of our military.
For more information about giving to the USO and the impact your gift makes please contact USO Houston Director Loren Westerfield at Lwesterfield@uso.org at anytime or call at 832-316-5772.
We sincerely thank you for considering supporting the American Military via the USO.